Yet another vegan blog. Obsessed with cookies. Addicted to peanut butter. Fighting for the vegan revolution!

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Coconut Oatmeal Raisin Cookie

Sundays are my baking days. I take the whole morning to make a few things to get me through the week. The receip came from here. It originally called for some sort of nuts, but I replaced them with coconut. I also used unbleached, naturally white ap flour, demerarra sugar and half Earth Balance margarine and applesauce. I used two Ener-G "eggs". I was skeptical as to whether or not they would hold together, but they turned out fine; nice and crisp on the outside, and chewy on the inside. I ended up with sixteen large cookies. I mailed ten to a friend (along with a devil-horned hat I knitted for her), and kept the rest. I am under obligation to make more this weekend for my mom. She only got two. And she was...upset.

No comments: