Yet another vegan blog. Obsessed with cookies. Addicted to peanut butter. Fighting for the vegan revolution!

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Winter: Give it up, already.

A combination of weather and lack of sleep is bringing me down today. It's a summery 48 degrees outside (huh?). Friday, it was nearly 80 degrees. DOES.NOT.COMPUTE. My mind is having a hard time wrapping itself around this weather concept. It's spring. In the south. This should not even be an issue. The lack of sleep comes from a very pregnant kitty cat, with the belief that if she can't sleep, no one can. Observe:

Check out that stomach. She's a tiny cat, so it is really prominent on her.

I only had enough energy to make one very small batch of cookies this morning. I had plans for two, plus some muffins, but it was becoming obvious that if I continued in the kitchen I was bound to burn myself or cut an appendage off. A tackled a cookie that I had read rave reviews on, and have been meaning to try for a while now - but kept putting off: Chewy Chocolate Raspberry Cookies from Veganomicon. The only change I made was to add raspberry oil instead of almond extract, for a little extra sweet kick. The dough was crumbly, as expected, but mine wouldn't hold up when I tried to roll it into balls, so I added the tiniest amount of soymilk. That did the trick. I did a half batch (as I mentioned), and got about 14. Two were tiny. I baked the first sheet for 10 minutes, but they were a little too brown on the botton, so I took the last one out a minute or two early, and they were perfect. They were chewy, and they had a good raspberry flavor, but, alas, not my favorite cookie. I bet they would make a kick-ass sandwich cookie. I am predicting a future endeavor...


Crackly...mmmm...

I am off to take a nap.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

have I mentioned how I love the name you chose for your blog? :D
that's one very pregnant cat indeed. and the cookies, well, perfection!

Lauren said...

Aw, thanks! I feel like I have been visited by a celebrity...considering how I am always drooling over your blog.