Yet another vegan blog. Obsessed with cookies. Addicted to peanut butter. Fighting for the vegan revolution!

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Chocolate, Chocolate Everywhere

Last week, the local fruits and veggies stand opened for the season on the town square. It's a small, family-operated stand very conveniently located a short walking distance from my office. A co-worker and I walk down there a few times a week, and last week was the first this year. I was eagerly anticipating their juicy apples and big green zucchini. I got some of their juicy Granny Smith's, but their zucchini were far from big. I guess they jumped the gun when it came to picking them, because they were very...miniature. The price was right, though, and they gave me a lot for it, so all was well. I toyed with different zucchini bread recipes, and even some zucchini cookies. I wanted something different. I wanted...brownies. Zucchini brownies. I found a recipe here that was very highly rated. I only made a half recipe, baked at about 30 minutes. They are very chocolate-y, and very moist. They are a more cake-like brownie, but I won't hold that against them. I didn't frost them either, they were rich enough without it.


Undercover lovers, Zucchini and I. He's nowhere to be seen (or tasted). You only feel his very moist presence. Dirty.

Sticking with a chocolate-y theme, I made chocolate ice cream. I prepped it all last night, blending everything and sticking it in the fridge to chill. I used the recipe from Veganomicon, as it has never let me down. After chilling overnight, it was a perfect pudding. I was tempted to stop right there and have fudgey pudding for breakfast, but I stayed focused, and continued on with the ice cream makin'. I cranked it for about 20 minutes in my machine, then put it in the freezer to firm up further. That's where it currently waits.

Smooth.

My last endeavor for the morning was to fulfill a request: to make more Oatmeal Raisin (Chocolate Chip) Cookies like last week.

Once again, pure perfection. Officially "The Best Damn Oatmeal Raisin Cookies EVER."

No comments: