Yet another vegan blog. Obsessed with cookies. Addicted to peanut butter. Fighting for the vegan revolution!

Saturday, October 20, 2007

My First 'Veganomicon' Conquest!


It was only natural that the first thing I went for when receiving Veganomicon was the breads/muffins. Above is the Orange Cranberry Bread in muffin-top form. I halved the recipe and followed it to the letter other than using applesauce for the oil. They rose very nicely and are just the right texture. They aren't too sweet either, so they are perfect for breakfast. I have plenty of cranberries left, so my next target is the Pumpkin Cranberry Scones. I have always been a faithful Barnes & Noble shopper, so I got my book a little earlier than my Amazon peeps. There will be plenty to come from this book. I have been carrying it around like it holds the secret to life. There are post-it notes stuck everywhere. Tomorrow I will have lots more to share. I have a feeling I will be spending a lot of time in the kitchen tomorrow.

No comments: