Yet another vegan blog. Obsessed with cookies. Addicted to peanut butter. Fighting for the vegan revolution!

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Jelly Donut Cuppers

This morning, my office had a breakfast potluck. We really welcome any excuse to throw a party, and Halloween served as that excuse. There was non-vegan food as far as the eye could see. I live in the south, where there is meat in everything and the more butter the better. I have one friend/co-worker who is sympathetic to my opinions and food choices. In fact, she welcomes new foods and is quite vegetarian friendly. She shares a love of vegan Gimme Lean "sausage" with me, and made biscuits (with rice milk) and "sausage" for me, and even made the waffles with Bisquick and rice milk so I could have some. She's awesome. The omnis had no idea what they were eating, and they weren't complaining. Amidst the sausage/egg casserole, blueberry muffins, cinnamon bites, bagels and pumpkin bread were the jelly donut Cupcakes/Muffins that I brought. Obviously they are from the current greatest vegan cookbook out there, Veganomicon. Instead of making them in a regular cupcake tin, I used mini fluted silicone baking cups, to give them a donut look:



I was true to the recipe, and I got 12 beautiful little "donuts." Yeah, I know that there are only 11, but one broke apart as I was removing the silicone. So I had to eat it. That's the rule. The only problem I had was that the grape jelly didn't sink down as it should. That was probably an error on my part. They came out quite bubbly, but no less purdy. See?

They were very much like donuts. Not too sweet and crumbly like cupcakes. Leaving them out all night definitely helped firm them up.

Jeez, can't a donut get some privacy?!

I feel like such a perv.


Okay, so I like these cuppers. Can you blame me? They are perfect in their imperfectness.

No comments: