Yet another vegan blog. Obsessed with cookies. Addicted to peanut butter. Fighting for the vegan revolution!

Monday, January 14, 2008

Love-shaped food

Or maybe food shaped with love? Either way, I've got it coming out my ears. I have within the last week aquired 4 heart shaped pans - 3 cake pans (2 silicone) and 1 silicone muffin pan. This was all by accident, as I wasn't necessarily in the market for heart shaped cookware. First off, two silicone cake pans and the silicone muffin pan from Target. When they have silicone pans of any kind for only $2.50, you would be an idiot to not jump on them. I don't know how I managed to contain my glee.Irresistable. As was the muffin pan:

Then on Saturday, I stumbled upon a metal Wilton heart shaped cake pan at Goodwill:

And my first task was to make some of the Lower Fat Banana Bread from V-con, in muffin form. They were made with and shaped with love.

I nixed the applesauce and just used extra banana and I added walnuts. Bottom shot:

No weekend is complete without cookies. I finally made something from The Everyday Vegan - Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - simple, but by request. I used whole wheat flour instead of grinding up oats (lazy!) and they turned out alright. There was something different about them. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but no one else noticed. They were nice and chewy.

No comments: