Yet another vegan blog. Obsessed with cookies. Addicted to peanut butter. Fighting for the vegan revolution!

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Yeah, I got nothin'

So. It's a lazy Sunday. Like every Sunday, I try to squeeze the maximum amount of quality couch time in before I have to go back to work the next day. Today it is just not happening. I have been restless all week. I haven't even been able to concentrate on what I want to bake. The horror! Normally, I wile away the hours at work thinking about sweets and what I want to make on the weekend. Today, Sunday, came and I hadn't a clue what to do. So I just pulled these out of a hat basically. The results? Not bad. Not bad at all.

I decided to give Dreena Burton's books another try, as I have not had the greatest experiences with them, and make the Chocolate Chunk Spice Cookies from Eat, Drink & Be Vegan. They definitely have a good spice to them. Cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and allspice. Instead of ordinary chocolate chunks, I chopped up a Chocolove Dark Chocolate and Crystalized Ginger bar for a little extra spice. I also subbed agave nectar for maple syrup. Tasty.

I got a perfect dozen of these beauties. Soft and chewy.

Chunky.

This next cookie I was a little skeptical about. I got the recipe from here. I was psyched because I had a tub of Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese that has been sitting in the fridge for a while, unopened. I don't eat it often, but they were on sale a few months ago, so I bought a couple. I only eat it on bagels. Or crackers. The recipe seemed lacking, so I added baking powder. It just seemed unusual to not have any in it. With that in mind, these bad boys spread like crazy. Fine by me. They're still purdy. I got 15 bundles of joy.

They're flat and chewy. And they made my stomach sing with happiness. Hum with pleasure. Grumble with satisfaction. Okay, they are just plain good.

No comments: