Yet another vegan blog. Obsessed with cookies. Addicted to peanut butter. Fighting for the vegan revolution!

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bonnaroo Baking

I can't believe I didn't make anything last week. I must have had a brain malfunction. I think it was because we had a birthday party at work and if there's cake in the building, no one will eat anything else. So I don't think I bothered for that reason. I made up for it this week. It's the week of Bonnaroo. If you haven't heard of Bonnaroo, then boo for you. I live in the small town of Manchester, Tennesse, home of 10,000 innocent people and which blows up to 100,000 for the short four-day festival. Needless to say, it's a little...cramped. The traffic is a mess, and there's no sleeping because music can be heard for miles. Actually all I get where I live it a lot of bass, but it is enough to keep me awake. I appreciate good music, though, so I don't mind too much. With Bonnaroo comes a lot of interesting people, and their interesting modes of transportation. Hippies on old school buses, and people blessed with leg muscles of steel who ride their bikes hundreds of miles to get here. Every year, the city, county and state police converge on City Hall to eat. The city police cookout for all the law enforcement guys working the event, long hours in the hot sun. They come by and hang out under a tent, eat and relax, then go back to busting pot heads and streakers. I took it upon myself to join others in donating goodies for the event. Example:

Chocolate chip cookie bars, Vegan With A Vengence choco chip cookies, baked as bars.

Brownies from Don't Eat Off The Sidewalk! (again).

Chocolate Cupcakes from VCTOTW, and Fluffy Buttercream Frosting.
Vanilla Cupcakes from VCTOTW, with Fluffy Buttercream Frosting also.
Ready for the road.

No comments: