Yet another vegan blog. Obsessed with cookies. Addicted to peanut butter. Fighting for the vegan revolution!

Monday, June 23, 2008

Mailing happiness

Last Sunday, I went hiking. And bowling. And carbo-loading. Okay, it was just lunch, not an attempt to bulk up. After giving my feet blisters, pretending to be a really bad bowler (fine, I really am that bad) and eating my weight in spaghetti with marinara, all I wanted to do was come home and bake. While standing on my blistered feet even more in a hot kitchen. Did I mention I went hiking in flip flops? It makes no sense. I had a baking purpose and I was going to let nothing stop me. A friend of mine was having a bad couple of weeks, and I thought some swets would help make everything better. Mission accomplished. Cookies never hurt a situation. First up:

A half batch of Gigantoid Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies from VWAV. Recipe followed as is, because I was just too tired and hot to be creative, not to mention it was getting late and I had to go to work the next morning. Excuses, excuses.

Drool.

In an effort to make something healthy, I decided on muffins. Only, I had but one fruit in the house: peaches. I don't even know why I bought peaches, I'm not a big fan of them. But they were there, so I had to make do. I used this recipe, making a half batch. I used fresh peaches, of course, and a flax egg for my substitute. They came out nice and moist, with a nice spice.



I am calling them peach love muffins because they were made with love and wrapped with love, obviously.

I was told that my friend's 1 and a half year old son was kissing my muffins. I think that means they were yummy.

Gratuitous nature shot:


I made a blueberry coffee cake earlier. I may get around to putting it up soon. Maybe.

No comments: