Yet another vegan blog. Obsessed with cookies. Addicted to peanut butter. Fighting for the vegan revolution!

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Well, now. I am just entirely too proud of myself.

Today, for the very first time, I baked with yeast. I know, the FIRST TIME, right? I was scared of yeast, this is true. But no more. I have conquered my fear! With cinnamon rolls! See, I have been wanting to make cinnamon rolls for a very long time now. I finally decided that I wanted to make some for a work party, in which we have a carry-in breakfast for the whole building. The party isn't until next week, so I decided to practice this morning. I found a great looking recipe on VegWeb and used it. I used flax eggs, and for the filling, I used half demerara and half sucanat. I had extra filling, but that might have just been me. It was a proud moment for me when my yeast got foamy. I killed the yeast on my first attempt, but nailed it on the second. I nearly cried when they came out of the oven.


Then, I put a simple glaze on them:


The only complaint I had was that there wasn't enough glaze. That is a problem easily solved. Otherwise, amazing.

No comments: