Yet another vegan blog. Obsessed with cookies. Addicted to peanut butter. Fighting for the vegan revolution!

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Bake-A-Palooza: Day 2

After building my baking stamina up yesterday, I was able to bake with no pain today. I also had no distractions, therefore no ruined goods. First up, I whipped out La Dolce Vegan to make Wolffie's Peanut Butter Cookies. No subs, only I got more cookies than the recipe stated. No surprise, my cookies are either too big or two small.


They're taking up the bottom and half of the second tier. They are crispy and peanut buttery, though I have never been a big fan of crispy, so these are in no danger of being eaten by me before leaving the house tomorrow. I busted out my personal favs, the chocolate chip cookies from here, and used a Ritter Sport Dark Chocolate bar instead of chips. I put it in a lunch baggie and beat the crap out of it. It felt kind of good.

I love how the beat up candy bar makes the cookie look like it imploded. Ha. I realized as I was finishing up this batch that I was running out of EB sticks. I frantically searched for an oil based recipe. I wanted to make oatmeal raisin cookies, and the recipe I wanted to try called for 2 1/2 sticks. No way. I turned to Veganomicon, because I feel it could never steer me wrong. Inside were the Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. Only, they called for brown rice syrup. It is impossible to find brown rice syrup within 50 miles of here. I happened to have EXACTLY 1/3 cup of agave nectar in the cupboard. The bottle was literally sputtering out the last drops. Sigh. Anyways, the cookies are dreamy. They are chewy and have an AWESOME flavor.

There's the raw cookie guts taunting me.

Up close, and loaded with raisins. I also ended up with about 37 cookies, rather than the 30 stated. Once, again, my boo-boo. Any boo-boo that results in more cookies is an alright mistake by me.
Finally, I made Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge from Peanut Butter Planet by Robin Robertson. I absolutely love this book. Everything in it uses peanut butter or peanuts. Truly amazing. I've made the Fantasy Brownies before, and they rocked my tiny little world.

Fudge: It's What's For Dinner. I wish. Here it is hardening in the fridge. I licked the wooden spoon until I was in danger of getting splinters in my tongue. It was THAT good. I was willing to risk a splinter.

I am tired. I need a nap.

No comments: