Yet another vegan blog. Obsessed with cookies. Addicted to peanut butter. Fighting for the vegan revolution!

Monday, September 3, 2007

Apple Zucchini Muffins and Bonus Cookies



I love apples. I mean, love. I would take apples intravenously if possible. There is nothing better than a crisp, tart Granny Smith. I get a little weak in the knees for a Pink Lady. I recently got "Don't Eat Off the Sidewalk," a 'Zine created by a PPK alum. After flipping through it, I decided that I must make the Apple Zucchini Muffins before all else. Firstly, because I am an obsessive when it comes to muffins. Secondly, because I had never thought to combine the two. Why had it never occured to me?! I tweaked it a bit to my liking. I used half all purpose unbleached white flour and half whole wheat spelt flour. I put applesauce in place of oil, for an extra special apple-y treat, I cut back the sugar and added raisins. They are super amazing.

I made cookies too, and since there is no way on earth all this good stuff is staying in my house for me to eat it all, I am taking them to work tomorrow. I don't even think that my co-workers realize that they are eating vegan. They have no complaints though. I made Sour Cream Chocolate Chippy Chunky Cookies. I got the original recipe from here. I added the chunks myself. I had half a bar of Lindt 70% Cacoa Dark Chocolate bar laying around and a partial bag of Ghiradelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips. So I threw them both in. I used Toffutti Better Than Sour Cream, Earth Balance margarine and Ener-G for the egg. Well, half an egg in this case, though I probably would have been alright without it. I halfed the recipe, but only got 11 cookies. I made them too big, I guess, but who cares. They taste like you are chewing on a chocolate cloud of dreams and sugar...they kind of look like clouds too...

No comments: