Yet another vegan blog. Obsessed with cookies. Addicted to peanut butter. Fighting for the vegan revolution!

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Frooty Muffins

I seriously have no idea what to call these since I deviated a bit from the original recipe. I started with a recipe for Cantaloupe Muffins from VegWeb. I am not a huge fan of cantaloupe so I wanted to add soemthing else to make it more tropical I guess. I threw in a small banana and added some Strawberry Banana Vitasoy to the fruit and pureed it all together. I used half spelt flour and half unbleached white flour, and 1/2 cup demerrara sugar and 1/4 cup sucanat. As always, I sprinkled the tops with demerrara before popping them in the oven. I was wary of the time it was supposed to take to bake them, so I watched them closely. They were ready to come out at about 15-17 minutes.

Mine got a wee bit brown around the bottoms, but that's okay. They are very sweet and not in a bad or overpowering way. Neither of the fruits is dominant in taste, giving them a very pleasant fruit punch kind of flavoror maybe like Froot Loops, with an underlying brown sugary taste. This was just a half recipe, so I got about 7 standard sized muffins. I can't say enough about how yumtastic these were.

No comments: